Today, the benefits of owning a pool go beyond tanning and enjoying a vacation in the privacy of your backyard. With innovative designs and features, a swimming pool can transform your outdoor area into a tropical oasis.
It can also add luxury and elegance to your home, leaving guests and passersby in awe. Aside from the grand aesthetics, a pool can provide numerous health and entertaining benefits and offer an exciting and enjoyable space for the entire family. Here are the top benefits of owning a pool in South Florida.
Improve Outdoor Appearance
One of the most significant benefits of adding swimming to your home is enhancing the look of your yard. A pool makes your home more aesthetically pleasing, draws in your guests and leaves a lasting memory. It can complete your outdoor appearance and make your backyard look and feel like a tropical oasis.
Swimming pools offer numerous designs and features like luxury tiles, water fountains and rock art, enhancing your landscape. Additionally, you can select between deck designs like white and dark stone or rich brown wooden decks to add a hint of elegance to your outdoor space. These deck designs and colors can create unique pool water tones, including turquoise blue, seashore white, greys and deep crystal blues, resembling a luxury day spa or exotic beach.
Fun for the Family
A swimming pool brings the family together and provides fun activities for all. Whether conversing around the pool, having a nap on your deck chair or enjoying water games like water polo or volleyball, a swimming pool offers excellent bonding time for the whole family. It can also be a way to disconnect from technology and help you and your family enjoy meaningful and quality time.
If you have small kids, a pool can provide excellent at-home entertainment, keeping them active and stimulated for longer. Additionally, a family brunch or afternoon tea at your dining patio with the view of a luxury pool can make your meals more opulent and relaxing. Here are some fun family activities to do in and around the pool:
- Diving: If you build a plunge pool, add accessories like treasure boxes or a ship and practice diving with the family for your next tropical getaway.
- Water slides: What’s more fun than sliding into your pool? You can use your pool to create a miniature water park with slides for the entire family.
- Spa day: You can enjoy a family spa day at the pool with an attached pool spa. These luxury additions provide heated water and jet features for hydro massage therapy.
- Swim through a waterfall: A pool offers endless possibilities for water features like a rain curtain or a waterfall feature, providing a stream of water falling into the pool and endless entertainment for the kids.
Increase Home Value
Many people want to know if a pool is worth it. The best answer is to consider your home’s appeal to potential buyers. When you install a pool, you expand your home’s uses. Additionally, potential buyers often want a home where they can entertain and enjoy their privacy. A pool offers the best of both worlds while enhancing your outdoor appearance. Because a swimming pool is an attractive selling point, it can increase your home value by an average of 5% to 8%.
Great for Hosting Parties
Swimming pools offer excellent places for entertaining and hosting parties. Whether throwing a kids’ or teenagers’ party or hosting an adult event, a pool can enhance each get-together. You can create a mermaid- or sea-themed pool party for your child and invite professional merpeople to entertain kids and their friends.
A pool is an excellent way for teenagers to impress their friends, especially if you have a picturesque pool for social media. When it comes to adult parties, use the pool to create elegant and glamorous parties. Here are some luxury pool party ideas:
- Cocktail party: Set up a cocktail stand on your deck patio or in your built-in pool lounger and treat your guests to an exotic cocktail party alongside crystal blue waters.
- Spa day party: Treat your guests to relaxing massages and mimosas with your attached spa, luxury day beds and pool loungers.
- Water polo event: Transform your backyard pool into a classy and exciting polo game and set up a poolside refreshments lounge to complete the theme.
- Cozy winter get-together: Entertain your guests in winter with an outdoor evening dinner or drinks party around or in your heated pool, providing a comfortable and sophisticated night.
Another advantage of a swimming pool is the added physical and mental health benefits. A pool is an excellent place to exercise and get your blood flowing and heart pumping. You can do high- and low-intensity resistance training exercises like weight lifting, which can help burn calories and improve your fitness levels.
Additionally, if you want to work with a trainer, you don’t need to go to the gym. Instead, have a trainer come to your home, where you can enjoy private workout sessions in the comfort of your pool. A swimming pool can also be ideal for easy, low-impact exercises on your joints.
If you’re recovering from an injury, you can use your pool and attached spa for hydrotherapy and have your physical therapist visit you at your home for private treatments. A swimming pool is also a good place to do light activity and stay mobile at an older age.
Aside from the active benefits, a pool can provide a relaxing, therapeutic and meditative space, enhancing your quality of life and contributing to improved well-being and mental health. When you own a pool, you can take advantage of these health benefits:
- Improved mood
- Reduced anxiety
- Improved sleep
- Enhanced decision-making
FAQs About Owning a Pool in South Florida
Here are some frequently asked questions about owning a pool in South Florida:
- Is a pool a good investment in South Florida? A pool can be an excellent investment for homeowners in South Florida. You can use your pool all year round in Florida’s warm climate. Additionally, a pool can increase your home’s resale value, helping you earn your return on investment.
- Why should you build a pool in South Florida? Buying a pool in South Florida can relieve the hot conditions in the Sunshine State. It also offers fun activities, luxury backdrops, outdoor aesthetics and many entertainment options for you and the family.
- Do pools add value to your Florida Home? A pool can increase your property value by up to 8%.
Choose Van Kirk Pool for All Your Swimming Pool Services
You need prestigious and reliable expertise when installing or renovating a luxury pool. Van Kirk & Sons Pools and Spas is an award-winning high-end luxury swimming pool installation and renovation company that uses leading software to provide high-quality and valuable pool designs.
Our professionals provide excellent customer service, building long-lasting relationships and elegant and luxury pools to meet your needs. We help homeowners like you design and build the pool of their dreams. Contact us online to schedule your free consultation.