Residential Lazy River Pools
If you’ve ever been to a water park, you’ve seen people floating on tubes along a lazy river. Perhaps you’ve enjoyed a few trips along this popular attraction and wondered whether you could recreate the experience at home. Now, with a residential lazy river installed adjacent to your swimming pool, you can.
A lazy river will turn your backyard into a private water park! With quiet operation, speed control and a programmable timer, your lazy river can serve as an exercise pool, swim spa or relaxing retreat. Children will enjoy its adventurous feel, while adults will enjoy its luxurious enhancement!
What Is a Backyard Lazy River Pool?
A lazy river is a shallow pool with a flowing current that allows you to drift along the water on a tube, raft or pool noodle. You can often adjust the water’s speed to create a rushing rapids experience or slow things down for a more calming ride.
Your lazy river can connect to your larger swimming pool or encircle it. Some homeowners build lazy rivers that start at their homes’ backdoors and stretch across their backyards.
Why Install a Lazy River in Your Backyard?
A lazy river enhances your property and maximizes your enjoyment of your yard. Some of the reasons why you may want to install a lazy river include:
- Fun for children: Skip the water park and let your kids and their friends have a blast at home. On warm summer days, your children can float along the river (under adult supervision), enjoying the water and spending time with their friends without hefty theme park admission costs.
- Relaxing for adults: After a long day at work, a lazy river is the perfect place to relax and unwind right in your yard. You can also use it as the perfect excuse for inviting friends over on the weekend.
- Aesthetically appealing: A lazy river can be a beautiful addition to your yard, especially if you incorporate the design of the river into your pool. Van Kirk Pools can help you create a fixture that suits your tastes and makes your yard amazingly beautiful.
- Increased property value: Installing a lazy river can maximize the value of your property and make it more attractive to potential buyers. Florida’s hot and humid summers mean buyers are often after properties that provide an opportunity to cool off while enjoying the outdoors.
What to Consider When Designing a Residential Lazy River
When designing your lazy river, there are a few things to keep in mind. Van Kirk & Sons Pools & Spas can help you throughout the design process to create a lazy river that works perfectly with your property.
A few things to consider include:
- Property size: A residential lazy river won’t be as large as the ones you’d find at water parks. You’ll want to choose a design that works with your yard size without overwhelming your property.
- Features: Several features can enhance your lazy river, such as waterfalls, lighting and custom tiles. We’ll help you incorporate the right details into your design.
- Operation and maintenance: Maintaining your lazy river ensures it looks attractive long after installation. Our professionals can discuss the design’s maintenance requirements to help you choose a lazy river you can enjoy for years.
Work With Experienced Lazy River Pool Builders
Van Kirk & Sons Pools & Spas wants to help you build your dream backyard. Contact us today to discuss your lazy river and swimming pool goals and design ideas.
Take A Look Through Just Some Of Our Projects Here
Winner of Eleven Florida Swimming Pool Association & Nine Pool & Hot Tub Alliance Awards…..And Many Other Prestigious Awards
Our Most Recent Projects By Area
At Van Kirk & Sons Pools & Spas, we're proud of our more than 18,000 successful pool and spa projects over the years, including numerous infinity pool constructions. An excellent way to experience the quality of our work is to view examples from the South Florida areas we serve:
Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Cooper City, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Parkland, Wellington, Coral Springs, Davie, Golden Beach, Highland Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Jupiter FL, Lake Worth, Lighthouse Point, Loxahatchee, Palm Beach Garden, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Royal Palm Beach, Southwest Ranches, Stuart, Sunny Isles Beach, West Palm Beach, Weston, and more surrounding cities.
Let's Talk About Your Next Project