The Contractor Score emphasizes short-term liquidity and current financial position. All of the calculations are strictly objective. Quarterly updates are recommended.
The input driving the score include:
- The contractor’s most recent audited or reviewed fiscal year financial statement.
- Its most recent fiscal quarter’s financial statements which can be internally generated.
- Its outside lines of credit as stated by all its banks’ statements
- Its corresponding backlog and work-in-process statement for both the fiscal year and quarter.
The scoring range runs from zero up to 2500. The higher the Contractor Score, the less the probability of default or significant failures on the current work. These short-term factors can evolve quickly, and the Contractor Score is no guarantee even a high score will not have problems.
- 0 – 350 is classified as Weak. There are probably a variety of factors driving down both liquidity and profitability. There is probably a small, if any, outside line of credit available. There is little room for error with a contractor operating in this range.
- 350 – 650 is considered Fair. These contractors have more resources available to them than do a Weak one, but a series of future problems could be bad for a contracting firm in this position.
- 650 – 1000 is identified as Good. These contractors should have the resources to mitigate the financial and manpower risk on their current backlog. The calculations driving a “Good” score have traditionally been acceptable with normal levels of project completion risk.
- Over 1000 is considered Excellent. Contractors scoring in this range usually have significant outside credit line(s) available, top 25 percent operating ratios and typically conservative fiscal policies and/or proactive cash management practices. They often are in positions to earn greater returns on their invested equity in the firm but, for whatever reason, have settled on smaller, safer returns. Customers can only gain by them “sharing” more of the individual project risk.
Request A Consultation
If you have questions about a commercial or residential project or would like to schedule a no-obligation, one-on-one consultation with one of our designers, please call us at 800-741-3911. If you prefer, you can e-mail us at [email protected], or fill out the form right here on this page.
Our Most Recent Projects By Area
Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Cooper City, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Parkland, Wellington, Coral Springs, Davie, Golden Beach, Highland Beach, Hillsboro Beach, Jupiter FL, Lake Worth, Lighthouse Point, Loxahatchee, Palm Beach Garden, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Royal Palm Beach, Southwest Ranches, Stuart, Sunny Isles Beach, West Palm Beach, Weston, and more surrounding cities.
Take A Look Through Just Some Of Our Projects Here
Let's Talk About Your Next Project